“I do hope that you will find some support in our reflections over the coming two days about the why, the what and the how of service-learning in our head”, Richard Brosse
Richard Brosse, Porticus.
Presentation of the UNISERVITATE Programme
María Rosa Tapia, Coordinator of the Programme, CLAYSS.
Conference: Service-learning: academic excellence and social engagement in Higher Education
María Nieves Tapia, CLAYSS.
Panel: Why a committed and supportive Higher Education today?
- Miquel Martínez, University of Barcelona, UNISERVITATE Academic Sounding Board.
- Bojana Culum, University of Rijeka (Croatia), TEFCE/CEE Service-learning Network, UNISERVITATE Academic Sounding Board.
- Carol Ma, Singapore University of Social Sciences, Asian Service-learning Network.
- Ignacio Sánchez Díaz, Rector, Pontifical Catholic University of Chile.
- Daniel Stigliano, Cátedras Scholas, Universidad del Sentido.
Moderator: Judith Pete, Tangaza University College, Kenia.
Greetings from the rectors of the Universities that coordinate the Programme’s regional hubs
30TH OCTOBER SESSIONS
Any experience of service involves an encounter with another person… I think two things happen… firstly we encounter the person of Christ in the other… and secondly, it’s impossible not to learn something about ourselves in that process. Sebastian Duhau
The involvement of young people in the process of updating the educational system, more specifically, in service-learning… as active collaborators can encourage, inspire and make them real protagonists of this change. Oksana Pimenova
Isabel Capeloa Gil, Rector of the Catholic University of Portugal and President of the International Federation of Catholic Universities (FIUC/IFCU).
Panel: Reflections on Service-Learning in the Identity and Mission of Catholic Higher Education
- Barbara Humphrey McCrabb, Assistant Director for Higher Education in the Secretariat of Catholic Education, Catholic Conference of Bishops, United States; researcher of the Spirituality &Research Team of UNISERVITATE.
- Daniela Gargantini, Catholic University of Cordoba, Argentina;Coordinator of USR of AUSJAL (Asociación de Universidades Jesuitas de América Latina); UNISERVITATE Academic Sounding Board.
- Rev. Sahaya G. Selvam, SDB, Professor and Former Deputy Vice-Chancellor of Tangaza University College, Nairobi; researcher of the Spirituality & Research Team of UNISERVITATE.
- Arantzazu Martínez Odria, Professor & Researcher of Education, University San Jorge, Zaragoza, Spain; researcher of the Spirituality & Research Team of UNISERVITATE.
- Rev. F. Andrzej S. Wodka, C.SS.R., President of AVEPRO(Agency of the Holy See for the Evaluation and Promotion of Quality of Ecclesiastical Universities and Faculties).
Moderator: Neil Penullar, De La Salle University, Manila, Filipinas.
Workshop: Solidarity, Youth Protagonism and Academic Quality in Catholic Higher Education. Exchange of experiences of SL projects
Maria Paquita D. Bonnet. De La Salle University, Manila Philippines